Thursday, January 04, 2007

 

Update Supreme

First things first. I got my wheel!! It wasn't the wheel I was expecting but she is here and she is beautiful! I ordered a Kromski Minstrel from CopperMoose early in December and on Tuesday there was a huge box at my door. I ripped right into it and only once I had all the pieces out did I notice that then instructions said Symphony instead of Minstrel. I called Copper Moose and he said to keep it (it's a higher end wheel - about a $50 bonus) as it was his mistake. It took more work to find a place for it in my tiny appartment but I love it. I puposefully got an unfinished wheel and have only given it a light coat of beeswax polish and probably won't do much more to it. I can't wait until it gets that worn look to it!

I immediately started spinning. This is some mystery wool from April at Woolyvines. She sent it to me with a spindle I ordered early in the school year. It is a lovely combination of blues and greens. It is taking me a while to get used to the speed with which the twist enters the yarn but the production time is cut in half.







I finished up the bundle of wool last night and two plied it with the lovely tensioned lazy kate that came with (so much faster than hand plying with a spindle - no surprise but definately a pleasure). It came to 120yrds (approx) of worsted weight. There are some places where it is over spun but I'm hoping they will even out with a wash. The BF is determined that my next project but sock yarn for him so I'm off to Knit-Knackers for some superwash roving because as much as I may love that man I am not handwashing his socks!

Now for the knitting. One of the teachers at my school mentioned that her daughter had asked out of the blue for yellow handknit socks (her Mom dosen't knit) and I said that I probably had something in the stash that would do. The socks are so tiny. The girl in question has size 6 children's feet and I am so used to my large women's 10 and the BF gigantic men's 12 that these were a pleasure. I got the yarn from the Sweet Sheep and I was so impressed with the service and the shipping that I will absolutely order again!

The final piece de resistance is my finished Icarus. I finished up this bad boy New Years Eve and blocked him the next day. I love love love it and it was super cheap too. I got a skein of laceweight for all of $5 from Headwater Wool at the needlecraft show a couple of months ago and it was more than enough to finish this off. Now I am craving more lace. I have two skeins of merino lace from Handpainted yarn and the Kidsilk from a couple of posts ago - I can't decide which to start with!


Comments:
Beautiful!!! How exciting for you, and a bonus on the upgrade!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Webring is owned by
SnerKnits.
Previous | Next | List Sites

RingSurf: SpinKnitties
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random|Powered by RingSurf
Valerie

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti TITLE OF SITE IMAGE IS POINTING TO