Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

I'm still making progress . . . . . Slowly

I'm still here and still knitting. The job is going very very well but it sure does cut into the knitting time. I've made some really good progess on Glee . Please excuse the horrible bathroom shot. It's the best I could manage right now. I didn't make the slit in the front as long as the patttern suggessted and I'm starting the ribbing way earlier and I will carry it way farther. It turned out a little big (my guage was spot on but I'm pretty sure the numbers on the pattern are a little off) but I will have to wear a cami underneath because of the big gaping hole (which I know will close up) so I guess it's good that it's not skin tight or anything.

For the first time in two whole weeks I hit an LYS - it's been rough I tell ya ;-). I went to Knit-Knackers and hit their silks (I love this stuff - it dyes beautifully). I found something there I'd never seen before.
It's called Faswa Silk and it kind of looks like fiber and nolis blended togeather and spun. It's about a worsted and I'm going to dye it a purply black (hopefully) and make something for my sister from it. They have great prices on silk at this joint. This is probably around 400yrds (it's always a guess, it comes straight from a mill and they don't print yardages) and it only cost $20 ish (Canadian to boot). Here comes the gratuitous close up shot (click for a better view)


This stuff really shines but has a slightly rough hand. It should be perfect for my sis. She's a diplomatic type who likes to play rugby so she fits the elegant but hardcore duality.

I also came home with some beautiful, pure white BLF that I'm in the process of spinning. I'm spinning it up kinda thick and thin to make myself a new winter scarf when I'm all done.

I'm going to try and post at least once a week for a while - hopefully I can keep to that commitment but work comes first. Once I get into the swing of things I'm sure I'll be able to do more. I'm still watching all of you and really enjoy seeing what you all come up with.

Comments:
is it strange that I just want to bury my face in that?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Webring is owned by
SnerKnits.
Previous | Next | List Sites

RingSurf: SpinKnitties
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random|Powered by RingSurf
Valerie

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti TITLE OF SITE IMAGE IS POINTING TO