Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Man, I love having a day off.

I rarely if ever take a day off but this week I made a couple of exceptions. Today was my last day off for a while and I used it to check out an LYS here in Ottawa (Wool-Tyme) that I had never been to before. It's not that it's impossible to get to but it is difficult. I went, I saw, I spent - behold!


I picked up four skeins of Briggs and Little "Sport" to make Glee and I am super excited! The colour is Mulburry and it is ever so pretty. It is a single spun format and it is a little wooly but I actually really like the wooly feel.

I also got two skeins of Misti Alpaca lace weight - probably going to be an Icarus (I know - really late to the bandwagon). It is heavenly, light and soft. The colour isn't really a WOW colour but I enjoy the subtle natural look.

The sock yarn is Regia - one of the Canadian Colours series and it's a good thing that no one ever sees my socks because no one would take me seriously - I don't care though - I can't get enough.

Add to that some split lock stitch markers and a very pretty Fiddlesticks pattern and it makes for a lovely morning. I wish I could get out there more often but I'm sure my wallet is happy that it's a little out of the way.

I wish day's off were more frequent but I guess I shouldn't complain since I have a job to go back to tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Webring is owned by
SnerKnits.
Previous | Next | List Sites

RingSurf: SpinKnitties
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random|Powered by RingSurf
Valerie

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti TITLE OF SITE IMAGE IS POINTING TO