Sunday, July 16, 2006

 

Well, that could have gone better

I tried the wilton dyes with the Alpaca on Thursday night and it was a bit of a disaster. The first attempt looked like it was going to be pretty (blues and browns alternating)but I think I put too much brown dye on the skiens and the brown mixed in everywhere and I got a really wierd musty brown with light blue patches. Then I tried overdying the whole thing with the blue to pick up more blue in the paler areas and that just made it worse. The blue separated a little so I ended up with some purple halo on the brown sections of yarn. I then gave in and threw it all in with more brown dye - the result was less than spectacular. The real colour result is somewhere inbetween these two.
















I'm not really happy with it but I can't take any more dye jobs so right now I'm just knitting it and we'll see what I can do once it's finished. I'm just doing a simple lace scarf and afterwards I'll maybe try to overdye with purple kool-aid or something similar - anyone else have any other ideas?? I'd love to hear them!

Here is the scarf as it stands so far and I really like the pattern - I just wish I could make myself love the colour. Hopefully I'll find a way to make it work!


Comments:
It may not have been the color you wanted, but I think it came out quite lovely! I love the neutral tones and think the lace pattern shows it off beautifully :) Better luck getting the color you REALLY want though!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Webring is owned by
SnerKnits.
Previous | Next | List Sites

RingSurf: SpinKnitties
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random|Powered by RingSurf
Valerie

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti TITLE OF SITE IMAGE IS POINTING TO