Saturday, July 29, 2006
So we're going to do this the difficult way!
I put the clean wool my usual dye pot with a good chunk of Delphinium Blue dye from Wiltons (same blue as I used on the failed alpaca attemt a while ago). Looks blue right? He then got zapped a few times until the dye was done.
So we have a number of colours here. There is blue and pink and red and orange and black and no wonder the blue on the alpaca never seems to take correctly. It looks wild and handpainted but I don't think I would ever expect to get a consistent blue with this particular dye.
I pulled off a lock while it was drying and using my fingers spun it and plyed it back on itself to see what it would look like. I think it's going to be six kinds of cool spun up (I'm going to have to wait however because all three of my spindles are in action right now).
As I said - I think I need a sponsor - hopefully I can keep myself occupied with what I have for a while before I need to head back out in search of more.
I just remembered - I have more fibre comming from Spunky Ecelctic . Man, I need help.
Keep up the good work, and thanks for showing us your progress.