Sunday, June 04, 2006

 

Now that's customer service!!

I'm working on a pair of socks for dear old dad for Dad's day (seems only fair since mom got a pair) and I am using Fleece Artist merino sock yarn. It is a lovely colour palette of autumnal colours and perfect for a guy. The disappointment came when I was winding the skien and found four splices, some ok to just knit in but some were so messy and thin that there was nothing for it but to cut and weave in extra ends.

I wasn't terribly happy about so many splices in only 325m of yarn. I've never seen more than one splice in any other commercially available sock yarns. I sent off a quick email to Fleece Artist just to let them know that there had been a problem and they have offered to send me a new skien free of charge. Being the yarn ho that I am I will absolutely take them up on the offer and what really amazed me was that I emailed them on Saturday night and I had a reply by Sunday morning! While I was originally disappointed with the yarn the customer service has more than made up for it.
And now for a gratuitous picture of socks in progress. Because the yardage is a little short on the Fleece Artist I'm doing the heels and toes in a solid Jawoll superwash. Looks ok right?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Webring is owned by
SnerKnits.
Previous | Next | List Sites

RingSurf: SpinKnitties
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random|Powered by RingSurf
Valerie

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti TITLE OF SITE IMAGE IS POINTING TO